Work With Us
Kate Sylvester is one of New Zealand’s most renowned international designer labels and is passionate about producing beautiful, high quality garments. Our Ponsonby based work room, retail stores and super-fun team make for a progressive and social work environment. We are constantly focused on innovation and brand development and pride ourselves on internal career growth for our staff.
We need somebody with significant experience in retail operations management - a hands-on, outcome-focused operator who can implement best practice and operational excellence.
You will have a proven track record of achieving budgetary objectives, building strong cohesive teams that are able to relay the desired Kate Sylvester brand image.
We envisage you'll look a little like this:
- Comprehensive retail operations management experience.
- Significant experience in logistics and inventory management.
- Ability to drive sales and in store standards.
- Inspirational and influential leadership in team orientated environments.
- Understanding of the market.
- Proactive and resourceful attitude with a focus on problem solving initiative.
- Excellent communication skills to voice new ideas and explain potential issues.
- Sound business acumen and customer focused conflict resolution abilities.
- Proficiency across MS suite products.
- The ability to contribute to and develop a positive workplace culture.
Reporting directly to the Designer and General Manager, your responsibilities may include:
- Understand our strategic objectives and develop a clear vision to achieve our goals.
- Assist the GM in strategic planning to achieve company targets.
- Developing operations strategies that align with Kate Sylvester's long term goals.
- Overseeing and managing company managers on a day to day basis.
- Continually monitor and improve overall performance.
- Be fully responsible for retail P&L's.
- Maintain inventory levels and allocate stock according to local demographics.
- Implement and enforce shrinkage controls.
- Ensure compliance of policies and procedures across the business.
- Manage the ongoing training and development of your Managers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role and grow within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization that is constantly growing.
You'll become part of a close-knit, supportive and collegial team who are committed to excellence.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with supporting cover letter to Bailey Meredith [email protected]
KATE SYLVESTER WINTER SAMPLING/WORKROOM INTERNSHIPS – JUNE, JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
We are seeking interns to join our Auckland Central based workroom this Winter.
This is an exciting opportunity to build on your textile knowledge, learn practical skills and be a part of our hardworking team! You will need to turn your hand to any task and ideally have former tertiary fashion or textile training.
Please send CV’s through to [email protected]
KATE SYLVESTER MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
We are seeking a marketing and social media intern to join our Auckland Central based workroom this February and March.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist with our new marketing initiatives as we launch the Winter ’17 season and assist with content creation for our social media channels.
You will need to turn your hand to any task and ideally have Photoshop experience and a creative eye for imagery.
Please send through your CV through to [email protected] and please include with your application three examples of Instagram profiles that you love and why you think they are successful.